Modern-day cover letter is your introduction—of any kind—to the employer.
There are essentially three ways this occurs:
- Cover Letter
- Email (with attached resume)
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
Your “cover letter” has three goals:
- Explain why you’ve contacted the employer.
- Provide insight on who you are and what you offer.
- Show enthusiasm and interest in hearing (back) from the employer.
You can accomplish these three goals in four sentences, which I discuss in the video. You can also grab this FREE 4 SENTENCE COVER LETTER DOWNLOAD to see the exact format!
If you have haven’t seen How To Build the Ultimate Professional Resume, check it out because some of the cover letter content references your resume.
Like this episode? Please share it via social media and review it on YouTube on iTunes! I can keep this blog and all future videos and podcasts ad-free and sponsor-free ONLY because you share my work! Please share or subscribe to my podcast and YouTube channel too!
Want more advanced material? Join the milewalk Academy and grab some of the free offerings that support the instruction in this post!